[llvm-dev] ThinLTO status in trunk?

Adve, Vikram Sadanand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 22 14:19:55 PDT 2016

On Jul 22, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com<mailto:tejohnson at google.com>> wrote:

Hi Vikram,

Thanks!

I'm not sure what part got committed in the 3.8 timeframe - it looks like that was released back in March? A number of fixes have gone in since then so I would stick with a more recent version. The ThinLTO in trunk and (presumably 3.9 which seems to have not yet gone out?) is complete and working with multiple threads using gold.

Sounds good.  I will give this a spin.

The distributed build support is also in (which needs support in the build system however), although I am fixing a few bugs right now that popped up in testing our internal apps.

OK it will be a little while before I get to try that.  And the build system for the set of applications I’m working with is quite painful, so I don’t know how long that will take, sigh.

Which distributed build system do you use? We have support coming out in Bazel, which is our open sourced distributed build system.

I don’t know yet — I’ll find out when I get to that stage.  But it’s almost certainly something very simple or home-brewed.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any other questions!

Teresa

Thanks,

-—Vikram

// Vikram S. Adve
// Professor, Department of Computer Science
// University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
// vadve at illinois.edu<mailto:vadve at illinois.edu>
// http://llvm.org