[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 22 13:38:27 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM Hal Finkel via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I think that we should still keep the test-suite in a separate repository
> (both because it is very large, should be even larger, and because it
> follows a very different licensing policy).

Yes. We actually *can't* merge the test suite without causing massive
problems for very many people due to licenses and other things.

And this is also fine, because it still satisfies Richard's point about
checking out a single repository and building a complete toolchain -- the
test-suite isn't necessary for that.