[llvm-dev] GitHub Hooks

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 19 16:48:06 PDT 2016

I have already tested protected branches on GitHub successfully and found
it allowed exactly the pushes that were correct -- they must all have the
current HEAD as an ancestor, and so they always move the repo forward
without dropping already pushed patches.

At most, it would might make sense to have some client-side scripts we
encourage users to install that check for accidental pushes of massive
series of patches in a single go and warn them about it.