[llvm-dev] IPRA, interprocedural register allocation, question

Lawrence, Peter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 14 10:48:04 PDT 2016

Mehdi,
               Bravo, Well done Mr Amini !

Ordinarily I would find adding “static” to all functions objectionable,
We’re doing whole-program compilation and optimization, and don’t
use a linker, so “static” currently doesn’t appear anywhere in our sources.
And I view “static” as not really part of the language, rather more
of a linker directive.   But we really only have a small handful of real-time
performance critical functions, it will be trivial to declare them static.

--Peter Lawrence.