[llvm-dev] Configure error on Solaris 10

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 7 14:03:36 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:52 AM, Stefan Teleman via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Oscar Guido via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >     I get the following error while trying to configure an llvm build on
> > Solaris 10-SPARC:
> >
> > CMake Error at projects/libcxx/CMakeLists.txt:268 (message):
> >   C++11 is required but the compiler does not support -std=c++11
> >
> > However, the error is about a missing header file
> (llvm/Support/Solaris.h)
> > as reported in build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log:
>
> > cc1plus: fatal error: llvm/Support/Solaris.h: No such file or directory
> > compilation terminated.
> > gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_67861.dir/src.cxx.o] Error 1
>
> I am not sure that clang/llvm will build out-of-the-box on Solaris 10.
> At least not without some major interventions.
>
> Which version of GCC is this?

Solaris 11 shouldn't be that much work, if any, except for that the OP
mentioned SPARC. Even if using a gcc which supports c++11, libc++ may be an
obstacle because it needs some stuff (libc/system headers) which wasn't
added until Solaris 11. (I can look in my notes for exactly what if needed)