[llvm-dev] GCC prerequisites for building LLVM head?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 6 03:09:57 PDT 2016

On 6 July 2016 at 11:04, Martin J. O'Riordan
<martin.oriordan at movidius.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it is a broken Cygwin v4.9.3 package, but this is odd since the source should be identical for the Cygwin versus Linux distros?

Looks like a broken package. I don't know how Cygwin builds their own
packages, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have their own
convoluted build system that hacks stuff together, like every other
distribution. :)

We do test it on large number of Linux distributions, on ARM, AArch64
and x86_64, and we have found no problems at all with 4.8 or 4.9.

cheers,
--renato