[llvm-dev] Adding a NOP bitcode instruction

Arno Puder via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 5 16:40:13 PDT 2016

I'm taking my very first baby steps with LLVM and I figured a NOP is a
reasonable starting point. Of course you are right that for optimization
purposes this is nonsensical. Perhaps some simple new instruction with
input/output should be my next goal. If you are aware of a resource that
is a little more detailed than the ExtendingLLVM.html page, I'd
appreciate it.

Either way, thanks for your response.

Arno