[llvm-dev] Simple program fails to compile depending on target os

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 3 19:19:13 PDT 2016

On 3 July 2016 at 18:26, Moritz Angermann via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Any hints as to why this code only compiles for darwin and not for ios, would be greatly appreciated.

I saw the same thing on a checkout from a few months back, but I then
updated and ToT seems to get it right (well, slightly different
CodeGen because the iOS linker only started supporting tail calls at
5.0 or something so -darwin doesn't use them, but both compiled to
correct code). There's certainly been some churn in this bit of code
recently, so the bug was probably fixed incidentally as part of that.

Tim.