[llvm-dev] clib `open` writes a linefeed to stdout when used in the JIT

edA-qa mort-ora-y via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 3 03:34:51 PDT 2016

I'm having a problem with my code generating empty lines and it appears
to be the CLib `open` function generating an empty line when used within
the JIT-VM.  If I compile my program to an exe file it doesn't happen. I
also have a lot of other code running in the VM without this problem,
it's somehow particular to `open`.

A chunk of my IR that calls `open`:

defer_body_26:                                    ; preds = %defer_end_11
  %59 = load i8*, i8** %f8686688__enc_n
  %60 = getelementptr inbounds i8, i8* %59, i64 16
  %61 = call i32 @open(i8* %60, i32 577, i32 511)
  store i32 %61, i32* %f8686688__f
  br label %defer_block_25

Where elsewhere I have `declare i32 @open(i8*, i32, i32)`.

Any ideas on what could possible be causing this?

I'm using LLVM3.8 with GCC 5.3.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
http://mortoray.com/

Leaf - the language we always wanted