[llvm-dev] Missing TargetPrefix for NVVM intrinsics

Justin Holewinski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 1 14:35:17 PDT 2016

It's all historical, unfortunately. Before NVIDIA open sourced NVPTX, we had the PTX target. The NVPTX target continued to accept the old PTX intrinsics to ease compatibility. That was ~3.2, we can likely just get rid of the PTX intrinsics now. The llvm.cuda intrinsic is an unfortunate naming quirk used internally. This should be handled by llvm.nvvm.bar0, so it should be okay to remove that intrinsic.

@jlebar, any issues on your end with removing all of the non-nvvm intrinsics?