[llvm-dev] Intel MPX support (instrumentation pass similar to gcc's Pointer Checker)

Dmitrii Kuvaiskii via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 28 09:03:01 PST 2016

> First, is MPX hardware available now?  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on
> one.

It is available at least in the mobile versions of the recent Intel
Skylake CPUs. I am currently playing with Alienware 15 R2 with the
following CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK. Interestingly, my
preliminary experiments indicate that adding MPX bounds checking via
Pointer Checker in gcc is usually slower than using software-only
AddressSanitizer.

Thanks for the other pointers!

--
Yours sincerely,