[llvm-dev] how to use gather intrinsic

zhi chen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 23:17:21 PST 2016

Hi all,

I wanted to load a value twice at the same time. I found that gather
intrinsic is able to do this. The following is what I can do in my mind:

1. get the loading address
2. Shuffle it to make a <2xtype*> value
3. use gather intrinsic to load a <2xtype> value

however, I am not sure how to use the gather intrinsic. Do I have to check
the type first and use then different version of it, e.g.
llvm.masked.gather.v4f32, llvm.masked.gather.v2f64, etc?
Or there is a more general way to implement it? Does anyone have any
expertise on it? Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Zhi