[llvm-dev] Aligning Long Long Vairables

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 11:54:46 PST 2016

Does this happen for individual "long long" variables, or only for
arrays?  There is something like "long array alignment", and "long array
size" that could increase the alignment for arrays that are considered
long (according to these settings).  I don't remember the exact names,
but it's in the same place in clang.

-Krzysztof

On 1/14/2016 1:01 PM, Kumail Ahmed via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to align long long variable on a 4 byte boundary. I tried
> to change to clang frontend as follow:
>
> LongLongAlign = 32 ; LongLongWidth = 64;
>
> The asm output is still 8 bytes, when I declare a long long global array:
>
> .align 8
>

> How can I change the alignment from 8 byte to 4 byte for long long
> variables? Do I need to write an ASMprinter class or change something
> in my backend?
>
> Thank you.

hosted by The Linux Foundation