[llvm-dev] Debug information in NVPTX backend

Artem Belevich via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 15:57:54 PST 2016

It's on our todo list, though not at the top of it yet.

I've tried enabling dwarf generation some time back and quickly ran into
the fact that debug constructs get emitted at locations where PTX syntax
does not allow it. At the very least dwarf generation would need to be
tweaked to deal with PTX's syntax peculiarities. That's about as far as I
went.

So if you're ready to work on it, it would indeed be very useful.

--Artem

--
--Artem Belevich