[llvm-dev] unknown CPU while -emit-llvm -S

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 11:50:44 PST 2016

I modified clang to add my own target so that I could emit llvm with
correct "target datalayout" and "target triple" settings. However when I
run

clang -emit-llvm -S --target=escala myfile.c

I get a following error:

error: unknown target CPU 'escala'

The files that were modified are:

clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp
clang/lib/CodeGen/TargetInfo.cpp
clang/lib/Driver/ToolChains.h
clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp
clang/lib/Driver/Tools.h

I also tried running

clang -emit-llvm -S -arch=escala myfile.c

and

clang -emit-llvm -S -triple=escala myfile.c

but in both cases I got a following error:

 warning: argument unused during compilation: '-arch=escala'

 warning: argument unused during compilation: '-triple=escala'

Clearly that I missed something, but I can't figure out what exactly. Would
anyone care to help?

--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer