[llvm-dev] llvm.natvis should be included when generating LLVM.sln

<Alexander G. Riccio> via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 10 15:58:32 PST 2016

So, I've investigated this a bit more, and I see that adding a debug
visualizer to a (simple test) project adds the following text to the
vcxproj file:

  <ItemGroup>
    <Natvis Include="..\..\..\..\..\..\..\LLVM\llvm\utils\llvm.natvis" />
  </ItemGroup>

(This was an unrelated test project, hence the many path components)

...right after the main.cpp file:

  <ItemGroup>
    <ClCompile Include="main.cpp" />
  </ItemGroup>

...so that the vcxproj file looks like this:

  <ItemGroup>
    <ClCompile Include="main.cpp" />
  </ItemGroup>
  <ItemGroup>
    <Natvis Include="..\..\..\..\..\..\..\LLVM\llvm\utils\llvm.natvis" />
  </ItemGroup>

My question, then, is how can I get CMake to emit the "<Natvis Include="
element when generating the vcxproj files? Any CMake experts?

If CMake CANNOT yet do this, I'll just file a bug for it
<http://cmake.org/Bug>.

Sincerely,
Alexander Riccio
--
"Change the world or go home."
about.me/ariccio

<http://about.me/ariccio>
If left to my own devices, I will build more.
⁂