[llvm-dev] SDNode definitions in TableGen

Phil Tomson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 8 12:28:28 PST 2016

I see the following pair of definitions in a TableGen file:

def SDT_XSTGEhRet : SDTypeProfile<0, 2, [SDTCisInt<0>, SDTCisPtrTy<1>]>;
def XSTGEhReturn  : SDNode<"XSTGISD::EH_Return", SDT_XSTGEhRet,
[SDNPHasChain, SDNPOptInGlue]>;

I'm especially wondering what the part in square brackets in the SDNode
definition in the second one means:

    [SDNPHasChain, SDNPOptInGlue]

Normally, I think these supposed to be some sort of DAG matching, but in
this case it looks more like attributes the node should have.

What are the meanings of SDNPHasChain and SDNPOptInGlue? And what is the
meaning overall of these definitions?

Phil