[llvm-dev] StoreInst getType return void

Mohammad Norouzi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 7 10:34:38 PST 2016

Hi All,

I need to get the type of store instructions using getType from StoreInst.
However, I get the following error when compiling my program:

clang-3.6:
/home/norouzi/Desktop/software/dp-clang-llvm/branches/llvm_361/dp-clang-llvm/include/llvm/IR/DataLayout.h:500:
uint64_t llvm::DataLayout::getTypeSizeInBits(llvm::Type*) const: Assertion
`Ty->isSized() && "Cannot getTypeInfo() on a type that is unsized!"' failed.

I tried to figure out why and checked out that getType returns "void" so
DataLayout cannot proceed.

I should mention that i tried it also about LoadInst which perfectly works.

I would be happy about any help.

Best,
Mo