[llvm-dev] Pattern doesn't match error

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 6 10:52:20 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> This happens when the mayLoad field inferred from the instruction pattern
> is different from the mayLoad field that is explicitly set in the
> instruction definition.
>
> TableGen will try to infer certain properties from the pattern used to
> match an instruction.  If, at the same time, the property is specified
> explicitly, it must match what TableGen inferred.  If there is a conflict
> between the two, this kind of an error shows up.
>
> Not sure if this helps.
>
> -Krzysztof

I'm not sure I understand it. Here is the change that I made for my target

class InstEscala<dag outs, dag ins, string asmstr, list<dag> pattern>
  : Instruction {
  let mayLoad = 0;
 }

All I have done is set mayLoad to 0. Would you mind using your explanation
in the context of my change? I think once there is a specific case it is
easier to understand what is the problem.

Thanks,

--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer