[llvm-dev] Possible soundness issue with available_externally (split from "RFC: Add guard intrinsics")

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 26 19:38:16 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Chandler Carruth" <chandlerc at google.com>
> To: "Hal Finkel" <hfinkel at anl.gov>
> Cc: "llvm-dev" <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>, "Philip Reames"
> <listmail at philipreames.com>, "Duncan P. N. Exon Smith"
> <dexonsmith at apple.com>, "Xinliang David Li" <xinliangli at gmail.com>,
> "Sanjoy Das" <sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com>
> Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:33:55 PM
> Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] Possible soundness issue with
> available_externally (split from "RFC: Add guard intrinsics")

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 7:26 PM Hal Finkel < hfinkel at anl.gov > wrote:

Excellent, so let's fix this at the same time we implement this function merging (so that we don't have performance regressions in an intermediate state). This will also allow us to have uniform logic across different optimization levels, which is obviously preferable.

Thanks again,
Hal

--

Hal Finkel