[llvm-dev] Performance degradation on ARMv7 (cortex-a9)

Grang, Mandeep Singh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 12:28:21 PST 2016

Thanks Bradley.

I see that the features set in /ARM.td/ get written to the generated
file /<build>/llvm/lib/Target/ARM/ARMGenSubtargetInfo.inc./ Here the
ProcA9 features appear in /ARMFeatureKV/ table:

/{ "a9", "Cortex-A9 ARM processors", { ARM::ProcA9 }, {
*ARM::FeatureFP16* } },

/With your change, the features for ProcA9 in the above entry are
empty.//This ARMFeatureKV table is then read in MC/MCSubtargetInfo.cpp
in the getFeatures() function.

Thanks,
Mandeep