[llvm-dev] Question about __NSConstantString and __NSConstantString_tag

Brad King via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 19 07:16:24 PST 2016

On 02/18/2016 05:51 PM, Michka Popoff wrote:
> Our problem is that the AST contains some declarations which were not there before.
[snip]
> __NSConstantString and __NSConstantString_tag are now exposed.
[snip]
> Maybe someone could enlighten us about this change.
> If it’s not a bug, we would like to know more about these structures.

To clarify, this is not so much about the appearance of new builtins
but that the structure has fields with no name.  Other builtin
structures like __va_list_tag have names on their fields.  FieldDecl
derives (indirectly) from NamedDecl.

Our concern is that AST processing tools expect to find a name on
fields, and the changes in question introduced fields without names.
Can they be given names, if only for AST consistency?

Thanks,
-Brad