[llvm-dev] RFC: Add bitcode tests to test-suite

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 19 06:50:28 PST 2016

On 18/02/2016 19:12, Alina Sbirlea via llvm-dev wrote:

>     I have more questions for Alina. What kind of tests do you have:
>
>     - "the compiler takes the bitcode and generates code without crashing"
>     - "the compiled test runs without crashing"
>     - "the compiled test will produce an output that be checked
>     against a reference"
>     - "the compiled test is meaningful as a benchmarks"
>

> We have all 4 kinds of tests in Halide. The bitcode files for the
> first category is already available and I'm working on building the
> ones for the next 3. We'd like to include all incrementally.

It seems to me that the first category ("the compiler takes the bitcode
and generates code without crashing") are tests that should be added to
the "make check-all" tests in the LLVM subproject, rather than the
test-suite subproject?
Or if these tests currently don't crash the compiler anymore, the bugs
must have been fixed, and there should already be equivalent tests?