[llvm-dev] CloneFunction during LTO leads to seg fault?

Sergei Larin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 17 09:44:57 PST 2016

Scott,

  You can see my solution for a specific problem I face with the stale debug info here

http://reviews.llvm.org/D17338

I am first to admit that this treats the effect but not the cause of the issue. In my mind CloneModule should not have created those records in the first place, but I am not sure how to prevent it from doing it elegantly. Maybe Mehdi or Peter can suggest a more direct way...

Without this patch stale debug info can retain references to objects not cloned by CloneModule which might produces relocations to non-existing objects and obviously fails to link.

Thanks.

Sergei

---
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation