[llvm-dev] Writing an LLVM Pass that depends on mem2reg

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 11 10:39:58 PST 2016

Hi,
I read your post in LLVM forum. I want to use getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU) to get MachineLoopInfo. I have used this on my passes before but, this time I am trying to get this information in ScheduleDAGRRList scheduler class. There is no runonmachinefunction function. Do you know how I can implement this?
Regards,
Fateme
I will appreciate it you can help me with this problem.
<quote author='Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev'>
Hello,

I am used to specifying dependence on other LLVM passes in the
`getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &)` method of my pass. However, it doesn't
seem that there is a header file that exposes the `mem2reg` pass - it is
implemented in `Mem2Reg.cpp` as a wrapper.

Is there an easy way to reuse this pass, or should I, in essence, duplicate
`Mem2Reg.cpp` in my project?

Cheers,
 - Stan

</quote>