[llvm-dev] Question about an error we're now starting to get on LLVM 3.8.0rc2since

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 12:18:34 PST 2016

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Harris, Kevin <Kevin.Harris at unisys.com> wrote:

The "formalities" is pretty limited (I hope...): an email to llvm-dev (starting with something "[RFC]" is preferable) to allow everyone to chime in and reach a consensus.
It is best if can try to explain in the RFC why such a change is a good thing, what should and should not be added, one (or multiple) examples might be welcome, and optionally a patch that introduce the guideline (even on a "best effort") in docs/DeveloperPolicy.rst
(requirement for C API to be documented in the release notes are already in this file)

Recent examples:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-February/094804.html
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-February/094851.html
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-February/094869.html