[llvm-dev] Question about an error we're now starting to get on LLVM 3.8.0rc2since

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 10:57:13 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>        Is this change indeed intended as a visible API change to source code generating references to argument list values?  If so, can you point me to a description of how I should change our code?  Should I bug someone else about this problem?  Should this API change be documented in the 3.8.0 release notes?
>>
>> Release notes is a good idea; somehow I never think of that.  Hans, is it
>> too late?
>
> I wonder if it isn't it a bit to much detailed to put this in the release notes? I mean we change the C++ API all the time...

Sure, but I think anything that helps users move to the next version
is valuable. I realize we'll probably never have exhaustive lists of
API changes in the release notes, but every little helps, and if
Duncan wants to write a note for this one, I'll certainly take it.

Thanks,
Hans