[llvm-dev] Vectorization with fast-math on irregular ISA sub-sets

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 8 19:48:06 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "James Molloy" <James.Molloy at arm.com>

Yes, and generically speaking, it does for FP loops as well (except, as has been noted, when there are FP reductions).

It seems like we need two things here:

 1. Use our backend fast-math flags during instruction selection to scalarize vector instructions that don't have the right allowances (on targets where that's necessary)

 2. Update the TTI cost model interfaces to take fast-math flags so that all vectorizers can make appropriate decisions

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist