[llvm-dev] Is there any progress on multiple result patterns?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 4 10:14:14 PST 2016

Hi,

On 4 February 2016 at 01:06, Konstantin Vladimirov via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> It would significantly simplify my work, if tablegen will accept
> patterns with multiple results, like umullohi/smullohi nodes, etc.

I remember noticing a while back that it worked (at least in Pat
definitions) as long as you didn't want to reorder/rename the outputs.
So this compiled and did the expected thing for me when hacked into
AArch64:

def MULLOHI : Pseudo<(outs GPR32:$loDst, GPR32:$hiDst), (ins GPR32:$l,
GPR32:$r), []>;
def : Pat<(umullohi i32:$l, i32:$r), (MULLOHI $l, $r)>;

Once you get beyond that, I think you're still in for a world of C++ pain.

Tim.