[llvm-dev] Software pipelining implementation

Brendon Cahoon via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 2 16:00:05 PST 2016

I put up the code on phabricator for a software pipelining implementation -
http://reviews.llvm.org/D16829.  I gave lightening talk on this
implementation of software pipelining based upon Swing Modulo Scheduling at
the 2015 LLVM Developers Conference. Since then several folks have asked
about the code.  The patch that I created works for Hexagon only at this
point.

I'd like to try and get the code reviewed and eventually accepted into the
LLVM code.  I do realize it is a lot of code to bring in and I'm not sure
how interested other folks are in having software pipelining.  I'm also not
sure about the best way to divide it up so that folks can review it more
easily. I'm open to working with others to change the code to make it
better. It works well for Hexagon, and we have enabled the optimization by
default in our compiler.   Of course, there is lots of room for improvement
too. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Brendon