[llvm-dev] RFC: Inline expansion of memcmp vs call to standard library

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 30 02:27:05 PST 2016

With the intrinsic support for ‘memcpy’ and ‘memset’ the operands also have associated alignment operands.  I think that ‘memcmp’ should also provide the alignment information for each of the source operands (when statically known).  In some cases this will lead to more optimal alignment aware lowering, and for targets for which unaligned access is costly or fatal, it can be lowered safely.

            MartinO