[llvm-dev] ThinLTO promotion is ending up with "invalid" IR before IR-Linking

Anna Thomas via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 23 12:42:11 PST 2016

We had the same problem with verification when merging/linking 2 modules: a compile unit is not listed in named metadata (llvm.dbg.cu),

We worked around this problem by using the DebugInfoFinder processModule function, which identifies all the compile units in the new module, by visiting all the subprogram scopes and the already available compile units. However, this succeeds verification only if the unnamed/missing compile units have children sub programs. This is not a strong guarantee.

Anna