[llvm-dev] struct bitfield regression between 3.6 and 3.9 (using -O0)

Friedman, Eli via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 22 19:11:04 PST 2016

On 12/22/2016 5:45 PM, Phil Tomson wrote:
> Given that this is compiled with -O0, would there a way to skip the
> Optimization of the Type-legalized selection DAG? It's fine until it
> optimizes the Type-legalized selection DAG into the Optimized
> Type-legalized selection DAG.

Umm, I wouldn't really suggest shoving the problem under the rug... I
mean, turning off the optimization might make this particular testcase
work the way you want it to, but the problem will still be lurking,
waiting to be triggered by a different configuration.

There are patches floating around to turn off DAGCombine, and various
parts of it, at -O0; you should be able to find past email threads on
llvmdev discussing it.  IIRC it causes problems for various targets
because it exercises different codepaths.

-Eli