[llvm-dev] debug info "ref" parameter

Carlo Kok via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 22 10:33:02 PST 2016

On 2016-12-22 19:02, David Blaikie wrote:
> if you could simplify it down a bit, that might be helpful - not sure
> there's a lot to be gained - I imagine it is just a quirk of how we
> handle these things in the backend to make normal debug info work, but
> there might be some things to be done to help.

That's my guess too, special behavior when it sees an alloca.
Here's a simplified version, works on i386 windows and linux (most
likely 64bits too but i don't have that handy to test)

in gdb a break Test1; break Test2; run; step; locals (fine for Test1);
run; step; (broken for Test2)
https://gist.github.com/carlokok/202961f81bbcf1a28139eae1d6fbf1ca

--
Carlo Kok