[llvm-dev] Correct way to pass int128 from LLVM to C++ function (MSVC)

Stefan de Bruijn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 21 11:18:57 PST 2016

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, passing it as int128* is a workaround that obviously works. Still, that leaves me with the return values. Or are you suggesting that I rewrite

int128 Modify(int128& tmp) { … }

void Modify(int128& result, int128& tmp) { … }

Obviously that will work, it just feels… dirty and wrong… :-)

I’ve also attempted to bit-cast i128’s to <2 x i64> in LLVM. The ABI problems are pretty much the same. At a first glance, it seems to me like this problem is more general, namely: for all structures larger than 8 bytes.

Kind regards,
Stefan.