[llvm-dev] libcompiler_rt.so and libcompiler_rt.a are not being built

Dmitry Golovin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 16 07:06:54 PST 2016

I want to build LLVM-based toolchain with Musl, I have LLVM sources with clang and lld (under `tools` directory) and libunwind, compiler-rt, libcxx and libcxxabi (under `projects` directory). All are the latest versions cloned from GitHub mirror, branch `master`.

I'm trying to configure with the following options:
    CLANG_DEFAULT_CXX_STDLIB = libc++
    CLANG_DEFAULT_RTLIB = compiler-rt
    CLANG_DEFAULT_LINKER = lld
    LLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=x86_64-pc-linux-musl

I use cmake to configure and ninja to build.

It configures fine and builds, but I need libcompiler_rt.so and it is not among build targets, so it is not built and installed.

I think it is a bug and libcompiler_rt.so should be built. I don't have a bugzilla account, so I would appreciate if someone reports it for me.

Regards,
Dmitry