[llvm-dev] LLD status update and performance chart

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 13 10:03:49 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----

I certainly agree with this, but I think that we should listen to any technical rationale that Rafael and others have.

We have always considered the marginal short-term cost of coding separable, reusable components worthwhile because of the longer-term benefits (including the benefit of serving yet-undefined future use cases). I'd like to understand why the cost/benefit tradeoff is claimed to be different in this case. We should also understand the relationship here with the JIT runtime linker functionality with which we probably want to unify this codebase.

 -Hal

>> Mehdi

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility