[llvm-dev] Enabling scalarized conditional stores in the loop vectorizer

Michael Kuperstein via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 12 16:03:04 PST 2016

Conceptually speaking, I think we really ought to enable this.

Practically, I'm going to test it on our benchmarks (on x86), and see if we
have any regressions - this seems like a fairly major change.
Re targets - let's see where we stand w.r.t regressions first. What kind of
performance testing have you already run on this? Do you know of specific
targets where the cost model is known to be good enough, so it's clearly
beneficial?

(+Arnold, who probably knows why this is disabled by default. :-) )

Thanks,
  Michael