[llvm-dev] LLVM possible projects

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 10 00:20:38 PST 2016

> Hello,
> Presently my research is focused on compiler and i found LLVM great tool to
> work with. I want to familiarize it at undergraduate level.
>
> Hi Hameeza,

I have face similar situation before and I would suggest you to read some
books/ blogs available on Internet for LLVM.
 I think the best way to understand LLVM is by playing with it.
 Then you should try doing some assignments based on LLVM from some good
universities.
For example :
https://utah.instructure.com/courses/377698/assignments/3299816

or
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/academic/class/15745-s09/www/assignments/1/P1.pdf

or https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/t1065450/assignments+2015

almost all good universities have LLVM based course structure for Advance
compiler courses

Could you suggest some good optimization and backend based LLVM projects at
> undergraduate level.
>
> Once you get enough experience then you can contact some community member
on IRC asking some task which is yet to be done but because of busy
schedule LLVM-Dev are not able to work on it.

Also as you are student I will encourage you to participate in Google
Summer of Code 2017.

Hope this helps!

- Vivek