[llvm-dev] TableGen - Help to implement a form of gather/scatter operations for Mips MSA

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 8 17:52:41 PST 2016

   Hello.
     I read on page 4 of http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~whalley/cda5155/chap4.pdf that gather and
scatter operations exist for Mips, named LVI and SVI, respectively.

     Did anyone think of implementing in the LLVM Mips back end (part of the MSA vector
instructions) gather and scatter operations?
     If so, can you share with me the TableGen spec? (I tried to start from LD_DESC_BASE,
but it doesn't seem to be trivial. Also, LLVM seems to have implemented scatter/gather
instructions only for the x86 processor - there, they defined new SDNodes called
GatherNode and ScatterNode.)

   Thank you,
     Alex