[llvm-dev] Spam in Bugzilla

Jonas Maebe via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 30 01:17:09 PDT 2016

Eugene Zelenko via llvm-dev wrote on Mon, 29 Aug 2016:

> There is surge of spam bug reports with support phone numbers of
> various companies.

They're (obviously) fake numbers that direct you to scammers.

> I think will be good idea to block IP-addresses or their range, if
> Bugzilla support this, since a-mails are different.

That probably won't work, they use proxies. We had a similar problem
on our wiki. The only way I managed to stop it was by adding a regex
that blocks all added text that looks like a toll-free US phone number
(with support for filtering out some obfuscation). It has some false
positives from time to time, but it's the only way I've found to
contain the problem.

Jonas