[llvm-dev] Fwd: cfl-aa

George Burgess IV via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 29 22:13:07 PDT 2016

+Jia, who worked on CFLAA this summer.

Hi!

CFLAA was in its very very early stages at the time of the 3.7 release.
Even now, as we're getting ready for 3.9, it's still experimental (though
hopefully quite a bit more accurate than it was last year). So, yes, in 3.7
and 3.8, CFLAA was *very* conservative. :)

If you'd like numbers on what the current CFL implementations can do, you
can find them at writeup.pdf here: https://github.com/grievejia/GSoC2016

No clue what the status of scev is/was, so I can't talk much about that.

Thanks,
George