[llvm-dev] Inconsistency in -march option between llc and clang

Suprateeka R Hegde via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 29 09:20:11 PDT 2016

I am OK with this explanation -- not to polish the user-interface of llc
  as it is not supposed to be a user-facing tool.

But this needs to be documented well. Package developers need to very
well understand this, Today I see that llc is used quite a lot of places
specially in system software development. For instance, POCL (Portable
OpenCL) uses clang and llc both. But tries to use the same value for
-march and fails.

--
Supra