[llvm-dev] [Progress Update] LLVM Runtimes Subdirectory

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 26 15:22:53 PDT 2016

On 26 August 2016 at 22:45, Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Recently, I’ve made a handful of new changes that actually make it useful, and I wanted to blast out this update and encourage people to give it a try.

Woot! Compiling RT as we speak... :)

Interesting, "ninja runtimes-configure" wants to build the whole
thing... Is that because you use the just-built clang to build the
multiple targets for each runtime?

What's the CMake variable to enable RT for ARM, even though I'm
running on x86_64?

>> cmake ...
>> ninja runtimes-configure
>> ninja asan

It does seem awkward. I don't know CMake well enough to know what's
the problem, much less how to fix it, sorry. :(

In pure Make, I'd just make the asan rule depend on the other, maybe
the ninja file could be changed in that way?

> The big items on my to-do list are:
> * Running the builtins tests
> * Porting libcxxabi and libunwind
> * Getting check-all with a single lit invocation
> * IDE support
> * Supporting specifying the path of runtime libraries

Sounds like a solid plan.

cheers,
--renato