[llvm-dev] Use of array type in globals in LTO

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 26 08:28:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

Recently, I noticed that less number of global variables are merged in
global-merge pass and in some global variable, array types are used
instead of its original type. For example, [4xi8] with align 4 is used
for a i32  global variable. For me, it seems that such pattern is
observed after r278338  (Resolution-based LTO API). Can anyone give me
little bit more insight if such type change was intended? If then why
such uses of array type is needed?

Thanks,
Jun

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.