[llvm-dev] [RFC] AAP Backend

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 24 06:01:53 PDT 2016

On 23 August 2016 at 21:28, Alex Rosenberg via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I don't think we've ever really built up clear guidance on this, but I think there needs to be a clear determination that a given target has enough active users to make the maintenance burden worth putting into the mainline.

My interpretation of the current guidelines is that the "3 month coll
down period" is to make sure the community is active and addresses the
problems quickly and effectively enough. Ie. not something for making
targets experimental, but certainly for making them official, and
keeping the status later on.

cheers,
--renato