[llvm-dev] OT: Cloning llvm repo over low speed connection != fun

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 11:57:11 PDT 2016

FWIW:

[dannyb at dannyb-macbookpro3 11:54:38] ~/sources/llvm
(git-svn)-[newgvn-predicates]- :) $ gdu --exclude=debug-build -k
521724 .
[dannyb at dannyb-macbookpro3 11:55:00] ~/sources/llvm
(git-svn)-[newgvn-predicates]- :) $ gdu .git -k
305768 .git

an SVN checkout would have transferred the 521 meg:)

With zlib compression, etc, maybe they are about equal.

But SVN would not have transferred significantly less data here.