[llvm-dev] Passing character array as argument in inserted function call during IR pass

Deepak Rajendrakumaran via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 10:47:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to insert a function call inside a module during an LLVM IR
pass. One of the arguments is a character array and I need to initialize it
with a string during the IR pass. But I am not able to create a *value*
object to use as the function argument. For example,

In my IR pass, I have the following : *sringRef str("StringValue")*

I want to insert the following call(FuncCall) in the source file being
compiled.

*void foo(){*
*//code*
*FuncCall("StringValue");*

*//code*
*}*

Can someone please tell me how this can be done?

Regards,
Deepak