[llvm-dev] [RFC] GitHub Survey - Please review

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 10:46:37 PDT 2016

On 19 August 2016 at 18:20, Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com> wrote:
> The one time cost of the mono-repo proposal is drastically different
> than that of the multi-repo.

True.

But maybe not as different as from one company / project to another.
I'm assuming some people will suffer a lot more than others on either
choice.

> I already use git, but depending on how things are organized in the new
> world this may completely change how I work with LLVM.

It will, but you already work around with Git-SVN, which is a pain.

I don't see "the other option" being more cumbersome than Git-SVN,
whatever is the one option you pick. But this is just my opinion.

If that doesn't work for you, can you suggest a solution that will?

cheers,
--renato