[llvm-dev] [RFC] GitHub Survey - Please review

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 05:34:45 PDT 2016

On 19 August 2016 at 13:15, Hahnfeld, Jonas <Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> IMO this looks good overall, I think the questions are balanced and don't
> encourage any direction themselves.
> One minor point while reading (as a non-native speaker): "production product"
> sounds weird :D

It does... Changed...

> There may be a difference between "impact on developer workflow" (long-term)
> and "one-time impact" (e.g. reconfiguring build bots).
> Maybe we can duplicate the question and add an option "No (one-time) impact"
> to the second one?

That's a good point. Though, I assume everyone will have "some"
ont-time impact, and the real problem is if this is going to be
impossible (or at least very hard) for people to work with Git in the
long term goal.

Wouldn't hurt asking about the short-term impact, but maybe we
shouldn't add another free text, just a small multiple-choice one.
I've done that.

cheers,
--renato